SUPPLY LIST FOR LUCA BARCELLONA IN PORTLAND (FEBRUARY 1-3)
• A pad or 20 sheets of 5-mm grid paper in as large a size as possible. Note, 5mm = approx. .25".
P21 JNB Graph Pad 11x17, 50 Sheets Light blue grid (8 squares/inch). 28 lb bond. 11"x17" $8.95 (purchase from John Neal Books); or a pad of P.56 Rhodia grid paper in A3 size (approx 12.5 x 16"). $16.00
• at least 1 roll (30"x15') of brown "Scotch Postal Wrapping Paper".
• 2 or 3 piece of black paper (70x100cm or 26 x 40"). Note, we'll probably be writing with a brush on this paper. If you can't get this exact size, don't worry, just get something rather large. Recommendations: Canson (PS05), Strathmore, Stonehenge, Arches Cover (PS90), Fabriano.
PS05. Canson Ingres. 19x25, $1.69
PS90. Arches Cover Black. 22x30, $6.95
PS21. Bugra Black. 21x44. $3.95
• two 2B pencils, rubber bands and a 2H pencil. (S142. Drawing Pencils. $1.25)
• 3mm nib and other widths of your choice (N02, Brause Nibs, $2.00 each. N02-S9, Set of 9, $17.58. N04)
• other chisel-edged writing tools you like, such as: thick cardboard, sticks, reeds and anything else!
• Automatic Pen # 4 / # 5 (N27, $10.95 each), or 6mm wide Pilot Parallel Pen (the one with the blue cap)(FP67, Specify sizes, $10.95 each)
• optional: Pilot Parallel Pen 3.8 mm (green cap) (FP67-3.8)
• brushes: synthetic hair, thin, flat, chisel-edged, with short handle: 20mm (.50") wide and 4.8 mm (.2"). For example: DaVinci Nova #18 and DaVinci Nova #4.
• optional: other sizes of brushes, such as 10, 12, 16, 20 mm
• Artist's/drafting tape or masking tape (S411), ruler (Metal ruler:S270, 12", $3.75. S271,18", $5.50), x-acto knife (S417, Excel Deluxe Knife, choose color, $3.95), eraser (E13, Staedtler-Mars White Plastic Eraser, $1.35), utility knife (S809, Large Snap-Blade Knife, $6.50) or box cutter, scissors
• Gouache: black (WNG331, Windsor & Newton Ivory Black, $9.20), white (WNG512, Permanent White, $9.20), red (WNG094 Cadmium Red, $21,90, WNG524 Primary Red, $9.20), blue (Ultramarine, $9.20; WNG523 Primary Blue, $9.20), yellow (WNG 108, Cadmium Yellow, $21.15, WNG527, Primary Yellow, $9.20) (& other colors of your choice); Winsor & Newton, Schmincke, Talens, brands are best.
• A glass or plastic container for water and smaller containers with lids for preparing the gouache (S276,S260)
• A small piece of glass for mixing/testing colors, approx. 8 x 10" or 9 x 12" (could be removed from an old picture frame, be sure to put masking tape around the edges if they are rough or sharp; and heavier glass works better than thin glass). Pack it carefully in your luggage.
• A cotton cloth for wiping brushes (this will be supplied by FOC, but bring your own if you have a favorite).
Take Your Pleasure Seriously (B3870) by Luca Barcellona. This is the book that was just published of Luca's work, and it's not required that you purchase it (of course). But it won't be for sale at the workshop, so if you would like to have it, purchase it in advance from John Neal. Luca will sign your copy at the workshop.
|© John Neal Bookseller · 1833 Spring Garden Street, First Floor · Greensboro · NC 27403 · USA|