Resolute Imagery: From the Universal to the Particular
A04 ALL LEVELS Monday – Saturday
B3813. Expressive Drawing: A Practical Guide to Freeing the Artist Within by Steven Aimone. 2009. 216pp. 9"x9". Hardcover$24.95. Special Pre-order price $22.46. "It includes great warm-ups and mark making exercises." – Laurie.
B0000. The Names of Things, Susan Brind Morrow. Out of print, but used copies available. $12.95.
B3927. Reflections on the Art of Living, A Joseph Campbell Companion, Ed. by Diane K Osbon. $15.99
Campbell shares his intimate and inspiring reflections on the art of living.
B3176. You Must
Revise Your Life by William Stafford. 1986.
136pp. 5.25"x8". Paper $15.95
A04 SUPPLY LIST:
Please label all materials with your name:
• fine point permanent black pen (Copic 0.3 and smaller, or any equivalent)(M51, M52, M17)
• Sumi ink (packed tightly in plastic bag!) (I70, I43)
• scissors (S835)
• glue stick (S391)
• pencils (including HB, 3B, and 4B) (S142) and white eraser (E13)
• 12" metal ruler or straight edge (S270)
• writing tools you like (pens, pencils, colored pencils, found objects)
• plastic plate, palette paper, or palette for mixing color (S679)
• small, cheap brushes for mixing watercolor (BR43)
• small, pointed watercolor brush: # 2,4, or 6 Gold Scepter (red handle) (BR26) or Richeson 9000 series
• 1-2 wide brushes (3" or so) like natural bristle house paint or cheap foam brushes
• container for water (S784, S276)
• rags or paper towels
• approx. 6 half sheets ( 20 x 25) of Arches Text Wove - the amount of paper is an estimate as people work at different speeds (if possible, roll instead of folding the paper) (PS01)
• containers, about pint size, with lids (at least 6) for acrylic paint. Be sure they have wide enough mouths to dip the wide brushes into.
• 3 tubes of watercolor or gouache for detail: any yellow (WNG527), red (WNG524), and blue (WNG523)
• house sponge (approx. 4 x 6 x 1/2) cut into quarters
• Acrylic paints: (these particular colors are important): cad red, quinacrodone red, cad yellow, hansa yellow, ultramarine blue, phthalo blue and titanium or zinc white. I prefer Golden for quality and intensity of color. Tubes, jars or liquid are okay- 2 oz size tubes are what I use.
• Mediums to use with the paints will be at the workshop.
OPTIONAL: (you don't need to run out and buy these):bone folder (S308)
• water-based crayons/pencils
• 220 sandpaper
• exacto knife (S417)
• small cutting mat (S504)
• spray bottle for water (S851, S836)
• other papers to experiment with
|© John Neal Bookseller · 1833 Spring Garden Street, First Floor · Greensboro · NC 27403 · USA|