C07 ALL LEVELS Thursday – Saturday
Most don't directly pertain to my Neuland class, but these books inspire me to create and stretch myself.
ART & TECHNIQUES
B3044. Art Expose by Judy Melvin. 2008. 20pp. $14.95
Judy has put her workshop notes into book form. It's a book of how to make beautiful artwork using the techniques for creative expression that she teaches. Full color.
B3844. The New Creative Collage Techniques by Nena Leland & Virginia Lee Williams. Paper $29.95
B2945. Celebrate Your Creative Self by Mary Todd Beam. Spiral $29.99. Pre-Order Price $26.99
B3037. The Zen of Creative Painting: An Elegant Design for Revealing Your Muse by Jeanne Carbonetti. Out-of-print, but used copies are available. Paper $19.95
B3180. Watercolor Tricks and Techniques by Cathy Johnson (new edition). Paper $29.95
LETTERING & DESIGN.
B3244. Calligraphy by Denise Lach. Hardcover is sold out. Paperback due Winter 2013. $24.95
B2982. John Stevens SCRIBE: Calligraphy, Design, Lettering Art. Hardcover $49.95.
Lettering as Drawing by Nicolette Gray. (out of print)
Schrift Un Schreiben im Unterricht by H. Korger.
The Splendor of Islamic Calligraphy.
B2864. The Book of Questions by Pablo Neruda, translated by Wm. O'Daly. Paper $14.00
B2946. Honey and Salt by Carl Sandburg. Paper $13.95
LR25-4. Letter Arts Review 25.4. This issue has a fully illustrated, 16-page Mike Gold & Judy Melvin article. $14.50
C07 SUPPLY LIST:
PAPERS: Arches Text Wove (PS01-FS) - 2 - Full sheets (24x40)
• Black Strathmore Artagain (P58) or Black Canson Colorline will be provided plus a piece of Arches Cover black (PS90)
• watercolor paper 90#(PS42)- 1/2 sheet (inexpensive sheet is okay) BRUSHES: at least a #2 pointed for writing synthetic mixing & work brushes (BR38, BR43) inexpensive flat oriental wash brush (about $2.00 in craft stores)
• Winsor & Newton Sceptre Series 101(BR26)
• MEDIA: zinc white Gouache (WNG748) or Chinese white w/c (WN150)
• Dr. Martins Bleed Proof White (I38) or Pro White (I62)
• scissors (S835)
• xacto knife (S417)
• small cutting board ruler
• eraser (E13)
• at least 2 water containers -- we use a lot of water (S784, S276)
• paper towels (S817)
• palette tray (S679) or plate for color mixing
• containers to store mixed colors - film cannisters, jars with lids(S260)--applesauce or pudding containers (plastic)
• white glue (PVA or Elmer's School Glue) (S340)
• glue stick (S391)
OPTIONAL: If desired: gold leaf
• Instacoll (S479) (PVA will do) Gouache (WNG331, WNG335, WNG512, WNGDPS) or watercolors Colored pencils (S521) & untested supplies or tools
• Collage papers: scraps, old pieces of lettering, napkins, thin papers work best, such as white tissue or thin sumi papers
• Colored papers -at least 8 inches wide
• Adorandick colors (S773)
• Soft pastels & many more - including all to be shared by the class.
|© John Neal Bookseller · 1833 Spring Garden Street, First Floor · Greensboro · NC 27403 · USA|