This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
Letters & Blossoms
All Skill Levels Welcome
Lettering • Design • Painting
Students will be enhancing their Copperplate & other pointed pen skills by adorning pages with beautiful bouquets of painted florals. While it is good to have knowledge of a pointed pen script, it isn’t necessary to have a lengthy study – this course will allow students access to many scripts from Barbara’s handouts. The painted florals will be an additional elegant treat! We will be creating a single-page sewn book to house our treasures.
- #6 and #2 round watercolor brushes with good tips (I like Pentel water brush narrow; Pentel Color brush (FP57);but leave the ring on, don’t activate the color in the barrel, use as a watercolor brush; Loew-Cornell 7900 MIR-WEDGE (if you can find one); Daler Rowney #6
- any of these will be good – just be sure they have a good, pointed tip when wet. (FP93)
- larger brush such as a 1/4″ Sumi/Bamboo (for larger backgrounds)
- pointed pen nibs you like (N113)(N120)
- smaller broad-edge nibs you like (N02)(N09)
- Water color Tablet (9 x 12″. I like Fabriano 90# Cold PressStudio Watercolor pad (P113) or 1264 Fabriano Mix Media-Multi Technique 110# (these both take water & paints well)
- Sumi Ink (Moon Palace) (I70)
- Walnut Ink & Bister Inks (Optional) (S449)(I145)(I157)
- reds, -blues, -yellows, -greens, black & white (I like Daniel Smith’s colors & Winsor & Newton (WNWC1, WNWC2, WNWC3, WNWC4)
I prefer tubes but if you only have Pan sets, it will be ok). We will discuss in class.
- Pencil (PL38)
- Ruler (C-Thru 12″)(S798)
- Eraser (E13)
- Blue Painter’s Tape (or Frog Tape) (if you can find a low-tac tape -that will be best)(S931)
- Schminicke Gold Powder
- Stickles (gold, silver or diamond)
- sturdier paper such as Arches Cover, Stonehenge or Canson (18″ x 22″ if you want to make a portfolio to house your pages. Otherwise, you can use a paper fastener.