This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
Season Leaves Booklet
All Skill Levels Welcome
Lettering • Design • Drawing • Journaling • Painting • Book Arts
In this class students will paint a variety of seasonal leaves using watercolour and simple illustration from which we will then create a folder style booklet. Simple lettering will also be added to the designs.
Please note: Plan to work only with scripts, tools, and techniques you are familiar with! This workshop is not about learning these aspects but how to use and play with them.
• 2H or 3H pencil and sharpener (PL38) (PL13)
• Watercolours (see below)
• ½” flat watercolour brush (BR01) and one smaller watercolour brush for detail painting size #1 or #2 (BR24)(BR26)
• A fine tipped black waterproof liner pen (M17)
• Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pen XS or S (M43)
• Scissors or X-Acto Knife (S417)
• Paper: a few pieces of 140lb watercolour paper size 8 ½” x “11 hot and/or cold press, whatever you might have on hand. (PS00, PS01-FS, PS01, PA110, PS42)
Arches text wove. One piece cut to approx. 20” x “6, two pieces cut to approx. 8 ½“ x 12”
(We will be making some small booklets so these sizes are approx. You can create any size of your choice. If you do not have Arches text wove a 90lb watercolour paper can be used.
Brands I use: Winsor and Newton, Daniel Smith, Lukas. I prefer tube paints as I like to mix on a palette. (WNWC1,WNWC2,WNWC3,WNWC4)
I do have a travel box for pigments. John Neal Bookseller carries some nice travel box options.