To register for this class, click here.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
GOTHIC with Christpher Haanes
We will move from proto-gothic to textura precissus and on to more advanced techniques, ending up with the wonderfully lively fractura hand. All levels are welcome.
Cost: 145 Euros
Live online class, recording available for 2 months after class finishes.
Thursdays 12th August – 2nd September, 20:00–21:30 (CEST)
Some or all of the following choice of papers:
- Arches Text Wove (PS01)
- Rives BFK (PS91); Khadi Indian Handmade papers come in several different textures. (PS103)
- Daler layout pads in A3 size are good for practicing sometimes. (Not Available in US)
- All sizes of Brause nibs are recommended [Mitchell nibs not suitable] (N02-S9)
- Pencil [2h]. (PL38)
- Pointed brush, for loading nib with ink (BR43)
- Colored pencils (PL05)
- Chinese Stick Ink (IS38)
- Ink Stone
- Higgins Eternal (I08) is a cheaper substitute, but the Chinese stick ink is highly recommended
- Colours are optional, but please use Winsor and Newton gouache (WNG1, WNG2, WNG3, WNG4)
- T Square (S753)
- Compass (S1061)
- Scalpel blade [no 21 for scraping]
- Adjustable drawing board
- Sandarac powder (S123)
- Ruler (S271)
- Eraser (E13)
- Old cloth
- Water jar (S1005)
- Guard sheet or cotton glove (as you prefer) (S1024, S1025)