To register, click here.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
ITALIC We will be exploring basic italic shapes, moving from rhythmical arch forms to more complexity and variation. Stroke extensions and flourishes will be demonstrated, and at the end a ruling pen demo will link the italic hand to more gestural, movementt based writing.
Live online class, recording available for 2 months after class finishes.
Thursdays 16th September – 7th October,
20:00–21:30 (CEST). [90 mins]
Some or all of the following choice of papers:
- Arches Text Wove (PS00, PS01)
- Rives BFK (PS91)
- Khadi Indian Handmade papers come in several different textures. (PS103)
- Daler layout pads in A3 size are good for practicing sometimes. (Not Available in US)
- All sizes of Brause nibs are recommended [Mitchell nibs not suitable] (N02)
- Pencil [2h]. (PL38)
- Pointed brush, for loading nib with ink (BR43)
- Colored pencils (PL05)
- Chinese Stick Ink (IS38)
- Ink Stone (IS19)
- Higgins Eternal is a cheaper substitute, but the Chinese stick ink is highly recommended
- Colours are optional, but please use Winsor and Newton gouache (Click HERE to see our full listing of Winsor Newton Gouache)
- T Square (S753)
- Compass (S1061)
- Scalpel blade [no 21 for scraping]
- Adjustable drawing board (S690)
- Sandarac powder (S123)
- Ruler (S271)
- Eraser (E13)
- Old cloth
- Water jar(S1005)
- Guard sheet or cotton glove (S1024, S1025)