For more information please contact Mike here.
John Neal Books is not hosting these classes.
- At least six 11"x14" sheets of Arches Text Wove or comparable (PS01)
- At least two 11"x14" sheets Strathmore or Canson Pastel paper, soft colors (not white or ivory) (PS61)
- At least two 11"x14" sheets cold press watercolor paper (I like Arches 140 lb.) (PS47)
- Shipping costs for large sheets of paper (PS00)
- 80# Strathmore 400 Drawing Pad, 11x14" (P100)
- Black calligraphy ink, such as Higgins Eternal (or comparable); Sumi ink (I like Yasutomo or Moon Palace); Quink (optional: I like Blue and Blue-Black) (I08, I24-2, I24-6, I70)
- Walnut ink (I150, I53, I145)
- White calligraphy ink (I like Dr. Martin's Bleedproof White and Permanent White gouache). Others that work fine: Moon Palace White Sumi, Winsor & Newton White Calligraphy Ink (I38, WNG1, I60)
- A few color inks: I recommend Dr. Martin's Tech Drawing inks (various colors, non-acrylic). Note: Dr. Martin's Bombay waterproof India inks and/or any color inks with eye dropper top will also do, even if acrylic inks. - I will have some to share. (I109, I153)
- Color pencils (Prismacolor are best) and/or dry pastels (a few colors) - optional, but good to have (I will have some to share) (PL05)
- Some favorite gouaches Click here for our selection of gouache.
- Stiff and flexible pointed pens (I like Nikko G) and other favorite pens (N113, N118) Click here for our selection of pointed nibs
- Ruling pen, cola pen, other unusual writing tools (optional, but recommended) (N22, N33, N148)
- Speedball C2 through C5 nib pens; favorite small Mitchell or Brause nibs, or comparable (N09, N04, N02)
- Automatic pens (1/2" to 1") or comparable (Optional, but highly recommended) (N27)
- Favorite pointed brushes (for applying watercolor and gouache) and flat brushes (for wash and broad strokes) (BR26, BR69) Click here for our selection of brushes
- Watercolor set (if you don't have, gouache or tubes of watercolor will work) (S609)