To register, click here.
This class is not hosted by John Neal Books.
Celtic Knots Unraveled
Have you ever wondered how those lovely, convoluted patterns of Celtic knots are made? Or do you understand the basics and now want to dig deeper? The process is actually fairly straightforward, and in this class, you’ll discover the secrets to tying and untying those knots easily! We will start from scratch, so NO previous experience is required.
We begin by learning how to draw Celtic knots based on a simple grid. Once you have a grasp on that process, we will build on what you have learned so far and continue on to cover more involved types of Celtic knots, such as double-ribbon knots, a Celtic cross, and a series of linked hearts, finishing by learning to draw Celtic knots on a curve, along with other variations and more complex shapes. Along the way we will cover options for adding color to your Celtic knots and turning them into finished projects.
When: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 10 am-4:30 pm Central Time (11 am-5:30 pm Eastern Time), with breaks
This is a live small-group class with individual feedback, with recordings available afterward for all students enrolled.
To register or for more information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/130882245319
- Pencil (mechanical type recommended) (PL21)
- Eraser of your choice; click-style recommended (E06) (E22)
- Pigma Micron fine-point marker, black, size 01 recommended (M17)
- Grid paper, any kind (P22) or (P55)
- Ruler, preferably cork-backed metal, at least 12” long (S270 or S271)
Optional items: (mostly, though not entirely, for an optional finished project, whenever you choose to do one [there probably won’t be time during class])
- Some “good” paper—whatever kind(s) you like for finished projects that is translucent on a light pad, such as Arches Hot Press, either 90# or 140# (Item Code: PA42 or Item Code: PS42 or Item Code: PS47), Stonehenge (Item Code: PA110 or Item Code: PS110), Nideggan (Item Code: PA93 or Item Code: PS93), Frankfurt (Item Code: PS108 or Item Code: PS04) or Pergamenata (natural color recommended; Item Code: PA98-MIX or Item Code: PS88)—a few sheets of letter-size paper will be sufficient
- Light pad OR light box (S1013)
- Artist’s/painter’s tape (S931) (S412)
- Watercolors (preferred; any kind) (S609)(S1032) (S808) and/or colored pencils (PL28)(PL29)(PL05) and/or watercolor pencils (PL06) **JNB has limited colors** (suggested to at least have a couple of bright colored pencils available during class, though watercolors are best for finished projects)
- Small round (pointed) brush suitable for watercolors (only needed if using watercolors or watercolor pencils)--00 or 000 size suggested (BR26)
- Rinse water with water container (S1005)