To register, click here.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Intro to Illumination
Students will learn how to make beautiful, decorated letters and borders, even fanciful creatures like dragons and medieval characters. Proper tools, materials, paper and equipment will be discussed and used.
6 Thursday evenings, September 30; October 7, 14, 21, 28; November 4
7:00 to 9:00 p.m. EST
Live online instruction via Zoom. Classes will be recorded.
Registration required by September 20th
Presented live on Zoom and recorded.
- brush- stiff for mixing (2) (BR43)
- Saral Transfer paper (S612)
- Tracing paper (P112)
- palette of 12 illumination colors (WNG1) (WNG2) (WNG3) (WNG4)
- gum arabic (I84)
- dinky dip (S853)
- white eraser (E13)
- globe nib (N98)
- principal nib (N120)
- nib holder (H39)
- water dropper (2) (S141)
- arches HP 90 lb (PS42)
- arches text wove (PS00) (PS01)
- Gum sandarac, small pounce bag (S123)
- xacto blade with holder (S417)
- #10 blade (S129)
- sumi ink (I22)
- Winsor & Newton Sceptre Gold II Brush Series 101 Round 2 (BR26)
- metal ruler 12" or 18" (S270) (S271)
- 2 colored pencils suggest: red & dark blue (PL05)
- dead gel or ballpoint pen; or embossing tool (S478)