For more information, click here.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Intro to Illumination
With Debby Reelitz
6 Mondays, Oct 24, 31; Nov 7, 14, 21; Dec 5, 2022
7:00 to 9:00 p.m. EST
Live online instruction via Zoom. Classes will be recorded.
This is a nuts-and-bolts class on illumination. If you’ve always admired illuminated pages and never thought you could create one, this class is for you. We will focus on the tools of the trade, building understanding and proficiency, moving through a series of exercises gaining in complexity over the six classes.
Class fee: $150
For more information and to register: https://letteringdesign.com/studio-classes/intro-to-illumination/
- Saral Transfer paper (S654)
- Tracing paper (P112)
- Palette of 12 illumination colors of gouache (WNG1, WNG2, WNG3, WNG4)
- Gum Arabic (I84)
- Dinky dip (S934)
- Kneaded eraser (E09)
- Globe nib (N98)
- Principal nib (N120)
- Nib holder (H39)
- Water dropper (2) (S141)
- Arches HP 90 lb (PS42)
- Arches text wove (PS01)
- Gum sandarac, small pounce bag (S123)
- Xacto blade with holder (S417)
- #10 blade (S129)
- Sumi ink (I22-2)
- Winsor & Newton Sceptre Gold II Brush Series 101 Round 2 (BR26)
- Metal ruler 6" (S270)
- 2 Colored pencils, I suggest: red & dark blue (PL05)
- Dead gel or ballpoint pen; or embossing tool (S478)