John Neal Books Calligraphy & Hand Lettering Envelope Contest
- Entry is by physical envelope mailed to one of the entry addresses below.
- Entry envelopes must addressed to one of the following:
All entered envelopes must include your own calligraphy and/or hand lettering, applied by hand.
All entered envelopes must include a stamp or multiple stamps on the front. The decorated envelope itself can be sent through the mail, or it can be sent within another envelope addressed to John Neal Books, Calligraphy Envelope Contest, 1833 Spring Garden St., FL 1, Greensboro, NC 27403. Each envelope entry must have your name and a return address on the back of the envelope, even if it is sent within another envelope.
Entry envelopes mailed to Seattletters can contain conference fee payments. Entry envelopes mailed to John Neal Books/Bound & Lettered/Letter Arts Review may contain orders, subscriptions, and/or payments. If your mailed envelope is solely a contest entry, write "Entry Only" on the back of the envelope. Including one or more blank sheets of paper in the envelope may help smooth the envelope passage through the postal service.
#10 Business envelopes (4-1/8" x 9-1/2") are encouraged, but you may use any envelope size that mails at the one-ounce rate.
By entering, you give permission for your envelope to be reproduced in promotional materials, both print and web; to be reproduced in an issue (or multiple issues) of Bound & Lettered; and to be displayed at Seattletters and other venues.
Deadline for receipt of entries is April 1, 2018
A selection of the entries will be on display at Seattletters and will be reproduced in Bound & Lettered, issue 15.3 (Summer 2018). A copy of the issue can be preordered at www.johnnealbooks.com/product/bl15-3 (if the link does not work, go to www.johnnealbooks.com and search for BL15.3). Everyone with an envelope reproduced in that issue of Bound & Lettered will receive a complimentary copy of the magazine. Subscribers will automatically receive a copy of this issue of the magazine.
Click HERE to download a PDF of the contest rules.
- Seattletters, 9302 NE 135th St., Kirkland, WA 98034. (Adding "in Bellingham" to "Seattletters" is optional.)
- John Neal Books, 1833 Spring Garden St., Floor 1, Greensboro, NC 27403.
- Letter Arts Review, 1833 Spring Garden St., Floor 1, Greensboro, NC 27403.
- Bound & Lettered, 1833 Spring Garden St., Floor 1, Greensboro, NC 27403.
- (Spell out or abbreviate as you wish. Floor 1 could be abbreviated as FL 1.)
In addition, ten $25 honorable mention Gift Certificates will be awarded.
Gift Certificates are for purchases from John Neal Books and are good toward anything in their store, catalog, or website, including subscriptions.
Prizes will be announced at Seattletters in July of 2018.
- $100 Gift Certificate for envelope judged best envelope design
- $100 Gift Certificate for the People's Choice winner at Seattletters
- $50 Gift Certificate for the envelope judged best integration of the stamp(s) in the design
- $50 Gift Certificate for the envelope judged best pointed pen script
$50 Gift Certificate for the envelope judged best broad-edged pen calligraphy
- $50 Gift Certificate for the envelope judged best contemporary script
- $50 Gift Certificate for the envelope judged best illustrative elements
© John Neal Bookseller · 1833 Spring Garden Street, First Floor · Greensboro · NC 27403 · USA