This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
Creative Colour for All Occasions
All Skill Levels Welcome
Lettering • Design
During this workshop, we will begin the journey of exploring colour in the pen, brush and background, using watercolour, pastels and coloured pencils. We will have fun decorating in, on and around a selection of letters, including lifting out and dropping in colour, pressure and release techniques and experimenting creatively with colour blending techniques.
These decorative opportunities can be applied to both formal and informal lettering.
Have fun and see your letters come alive!
- Usual edged pens & range of nib sizes from small to large (N02) (N04) (N07) (N09)
- Mixing palette, mixing brush & 2 water pots (S679) (BR26) (S1005)
- A selection of reasonable quality water colours (pans or tubes) (S609) (S1000) (WNWC1)
- Water-soluble coloured pencils (ideally not your children’s or grandchildren’s)
- Tracing paper (P112)
- Ruler (S270)
- 2h pencil (PL38)
- A little cotton wool (enough to rub pastel into paper surface)
- Waterproof fine liner pen (M17)
- Couple of clean rubbers (E13)
- Good quality brushes (sizes 0 / 1 / 2) Sable are best (BR38) (BR22)
- Dry pastels (not oil based)
- Hot pressed paper 250gms or heavier (smallish sizes) and some Bockingford/watercolour paper.
- Cartridge paper for trials/practice
- Craft Knife, cutting mat (S504) (S417)
- Masking tape (S931)
- Gouache (WNG1)
- Gold watercolour (SG893-F)