This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
All Skill Levels Welcome
Lettering • Design
In this workshop we will be creating decorative drawn and edged pen letters by adding shape, form and a third dimension for maximum effect. A little shadowed, as well as ‘invisible’ lettering is also included for good measure!
Further fun with watercolour, pastels and coloured pencils, we explore a wealth of creative techniques to produce many delicate effects, guaranteed to add sparkle to your pages.
- Usual edged pens and large nib sizes, including Automatic pens (N27) (N02) (N09)
- Pointed nib (N113) (N120) (N77)
- Mixing palette, mixing brush & 2 water pots (S679) (BR26) (S1005)
- A selection of reasonable quality water colours (pans or tubes) (WNWC1) (WNWC2) (WNWC3) (WNWC4)
- A selection of Gouache colours, including black and permanent white (WNG1) (WNG2) (WNG3) (WNG4)
- Water-soluble coloured pencils (ideally not your children’s or grandchildren’s)
- Tracing paper (P112)
- Ruler (S270)
- 2h pencil (PL38)
- clean rubber (E13)
- Waterproof fine liner pen (M17)
- Good quality brushes (sizes 0 / 1 / 2) Sable are best (BR26) (BR38)
- Dry pastels (not oil based)
- Set square
- Hot pressed paper 250gms or heavier (smallish sizes) and some (PA110)
- Some Bockingford/watercolour paper.
- Cartridge paper for trials/practice (P100) (P109)
- Craft Knife, cutting mat (S504) (S417)
- Masking tape (S931)
- Optional: Silver and/or gold gel pens (M64) (M137)