This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
Colorful Lettering Composition
Beginner – Intermediate
Lettering • Design • Painting
Capital lettering… pressure/release, exploring different rhythms and layouts, with mechanical pencil and fineliner. From there we will do built-up caps, always searching for consistency in form, size, slant, contrast… Our goal is to do a layout that is suited to fill negative space with colour.
- Layout paper A3 (or Ledger…) (P20)
- some better papers (Arches MBM, Arches Text wove, Khadi…) (PS104) (PS103)(PS01)
- Ruler, or T-square, triangle (S798) (S753) (S613)
- various ‘ordinary’ pencils (6B, 2B, HB) (PL38)
- pencils Derwent wash 4 or 6B (optional)
- mechanicals pencils 0,3-0,5-0,7-0,9 mm (PL21)
- eraser (E13)
- dip pens in assorted sizes (Brause, Mitchell, Speedball) and pen-holders (N02) (N04) (N09)
- Walnut ink (I145) (S449)
- Some gouache colors (WNG1)
- some watercolor colors (WNWC1)
- Swiss knife
- Fineliners 0,05-0,1-0,2 mm. Copic Multi-liners and others. (M17)
- Ink rags or tissues
- Notebook Moleskine or other. (PA86)