For more information, click here.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
With Schin Loong
Live online course via Zoom
Sep 20, 23, 27 & 30
10am California Time
10 hours total:
2 hours per session
+ 30 minute Q&A
(all recordings available through Oct 30)
REGISTRATION OPENS AUG 28
What you'll learn:
- Recommended tools and techniques for creating flowing and delicate calligraphic flourishes
- Pen exercises to achieve the freedom of movement required for creating lively and graceful strokes
- Step by step skills to the pictorial side of calligraphy, walking you through the basic strokes and flourishes and then using them to create the shapes of your drawing subject.
- How to incorporate text into your calligraphic drawings to create art quotes or show-stopper envelopes
- Problem solving and trouble shooting to help you through those frustrating moments
- How to create your own template of any shape (animal, people, objects) and transform it into a stunning piece of art using flourishes
For more information and to register: https://www.learncalligraphy.com/calligraphic_drawing
- Calligraphy quality paper (i.e. Canson Marker Paper (P32), HP Premium 32, Strathmore 25% or 100%, John Neal Books practice paper (P20, P25), Rhodia (P53), Staples paper 73333)
- Your favorite pointed pen nib and holder (straight or oblique) (N69, N113, N118, N93, N72) (H113, H114, H152, H133, H134, H62)
- Ink (recommended: walnut, sumi, iron gall, or gouache) (I145, I70, I54, WNG1, SG27)
- Inkwell: drawing using a lot of ink (S853, S1135, S801)
- Light pad: optional but helpful (S1013, S939)
- Internet connection!
- A quiet space to focus
You may also choose to participate with pencil or a brush pen!