This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
Variations in A
Saturday, July 3 at 9:00 AM CDT
All Skill Levels Welcome
Lettering • Design
Beloved professor and calligrapher Larry Brady taught a class called the 100-letter marathon. He is alleged to have said that you have to make at 50 versions of a letter before you start to get away from what you always do and create something new and original. In this short session, we will try different tools, materials and techniques to give the letter A looks like you never imagined. Handouts and demos will facilitate the practice.
- At least two 11×14” sheets of 80# Strathmore 400 Drawing paper (P100), Arches Text Wove (PS01, PS01-FS, PS01-PKT) or comparable
- Watercolor set (S609, S1032, S808,) or watercolor pencils (Derwent Inktense or Prismacolor are good)
- Brush for watercolor (BR26)
- Black ink: both Sumi (I70, I24-2) and Higgins Eternal (I08) are good (Quink Blue-Black or Blue is nice to have)
- Various pen and mark making tools (Suggestions include: automatic pen(s) (N27), ruling pen (N33, N22, N208), balsa wood stick, cola pen (N155, N148), charcoal pencil (PL27), Art Graf stick (S949), any pen or tool to make multi-line letters (N28, N27-SCROLL, FP134)