This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
Decorative Borders with Simple Tools
Saturday, July 3 at 12:30 PM CDT
All Skill Levels Welcome
Design • Drawing • Painting
Looking for a way to liven up a calligraphic piece? A simple way to decorate a text is with a border. This Mini Class includes borders made with a broad-edged nib, Celtic Knotwork, vine work with leaves and flowers using both historical and contemporary references, acanthus leaves, incorporating borders into initial letters and a bit of page design.
- Broad-edged calligraphy pen or marker of your choice (N02) (N04) (M55-S3)
- A few colored pencils (in colors suitable for flowers and vines) (PL05, PL28) and/or monoline markers in different colors
- Grid or plain paper (P22, P25)
- Pencil, ruler, eraser (PL38, S270, E13,)
- If using watercolor instead of colored pencils you will need:
- Two or three small pieces of watercolor paper, can be hot or cold press (PA110) (PA42)
- Watercolors in tubes or pans (in colors suitable for flowers and vines) (S609, S1032, S1000, WNWC1)
- Palette (if using tubes) (S679, S1091, S747, S1094)
- Fine watercolor brushes, size 1 and 3 or 4 (BR26)
- Mixing brush (BR43)
- Water containers, paper towel (S1005)