Click here to register.
These classes are not hosted by John Neal Books.
NEULAND: Pen, Pencil, Scissor, Emboss, & Brush
"The workshop is aimed at everyone: designers, professionals, students, graphic designers, tattoo artists, letter lovers, just curious people or anyone interested in calligraphy, both as an artistic medium and as a graphic element to complete or enrich an editorial or advertising work.
Class Schedule: We will meet Fri October 02, 2020 (from 07:30 PM to 08:30 PM Rome Time)
Sat October 03 & Sun October 04 2020, from 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM Rome Time
Sat October 10 & Sun October 11 2020, from 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM Rome Time.
Our first meeting is a brief intro and dry-run test call for about an hour.
Course instruction officially begins Saturday October 03.
This is a LIVE class, which is recorded for your enjoyment and review, then uploaded to a Google Class Room dedicated.. If you ever have to miss a class, you can always check back later to watch what you missed and practice at your own pace. Live classes allow the student to interact with the teacher and each other for specific feedback.
The Google ClassRoom will be our virtual classroom for every time we meet. When the link and intro email is sent to you, click the link, which will open a web page in your web browser.
IMPORTANT: for registration into the classroom you need a Gmail, that must be provided at registration time
- Practice paper/Layout Bond…a smooth, white paper that takes the ink very well. It would be nice if the paper could be roughly 11”x17” (looks like it is A3 and 297x420mm) This is not to be fancy paper, just paper for practice with ink. (P70)
- A sheet of lightweight watercolor A3
- T-square (Click here for our selection)
- A few colored pencils – choose colors you like (PL28)
- A few watercolor pencils – choose colors you like
- Eraser (S86) (E14)
- Automatic Pen – Size 4A (N214 8mm) (N27)
- Pilot Parallel Pen – 6mm (blue cap) (FP67)
- Brush (BR01)
- Tube of gouache or jar of tempera paint any dark color or black (WNG1)
- Saucer or plastic lid 4” -5” diameter
- Higgins Eternal Ink – or other non-waterproof ink (I08)
- Watercolor paintbox or watercolor tubes and a mixing palette (S609) (S1094)
- Mixing brush for watercolor (BR43)
- X-Acto knife (S417)
- Cutting mat (S504)
- Embossing Stylus (S478)
- Glue Stick (S391)
- Masking Tape (S412)
- Scissors (S835)
- Water container (S784)
- Ink rags
- Paper Clips
- Pencil (S142)