This class is part of Legacies III.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Please add item LEG2021 to your shopping cart for supply orders for Legacies III classes.
Learning to Sketch Out Celtic Knots
Friday, July 2 at 9:00 AM CDT
All Skill Levels Welcome
Design • Drawing
In this class you will learn to draw the underlying structure of simple Celtic knot work, so that you can go on to create your own unique knots, whether traditional in nature, or something more whimsical. We will work on basic rectangles, triangles, circles, and freeform shapes. The goal is not to complete a finished piece, but to provide the skills necessary for future creation of your own knot work.
- Mechanical pencil (PL21)
- Eraser (E13, E30)
- Fine line waterproof pen such as Micron (M17) or ZIG 01
- Pan watercolors or gouache (S609, S1032, S808, WNG1, WNG2, WNG3, WNG4)
- Pointed brush #3 or smaller (BR26, BR28)
- A few sheets of grid paper, 8.5 x 11 (P22)
- A few sheets of 8.5 x 11 Hot Press watercolor paper (PA110, PA42) or Arches Text Wove (PA03)