To register, click here.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Graphite Effects for Lettering
This Class will meet for one 2-hour session on Thursday the 22nd of Oct. from 6pm-8pm MDT
In this class I will demonstrate how to use regular graphite and its water-soluble cousins to create interesting layouts and background effects. We will use pencils, erasers, graphite sticks, powdered graphite and water to design compositions that can stand alone or be combined with pencil lettering. This class will pair nicely with my "A Sharp Pencil and a Keen Eye" pencil lettering class offered the week before, but it is not required to have had that class to take this one.
Oct 22, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM MDT
Live Zoom Class - All Skill Levels
- Mechanical Pencil- 0.5 and/or 0.3 and leads (I like the Pentel GraphGear 500) (PL21)
- Graphite stick (6B or 8B) (S949)
- Water-soluble graphite crayon - Lyra 9B or Art Graf sticks
- Art Graf Black Carbon Water-Soluble Ink Block
- Water-soluble graphite pencil (General’s Sketch and Wash or Faber-Castell Graphite Aquarelle 8B for example.)
- Kneaded eraser (E09)
- Small white eraser stick in holder: Preferably the Tombow Mono zero round, or General Factis (E22)
- One or two of your favorite writing tools - a large size pen and/or brush
- Scissors, X-acto knife, blades (S835) (S417) (S793)
- Ruler (S798) (S270)
- Contact Brand contact paper
- Large soft flat brush for wetting paper and a small #1or #2 pointed brush. (BR66) (BR60) (BR26)
- Paper- Strathmore 400 series drawing paper (any size) or whatever similar you have at home. Few pages of any other papers you want to try. (P100)
- Paper- Several pieces (9x12 or so) of budget watercolor paper (canson XL) or any heavyweight water friendly paper that you have already. (P113)
- Paper towels, water container, small spray bottle. (S817) (S784) (S1005) (S836)
- Drawing Board/ padded surface to work on. (Masonite with a few sheets of paper taped to it. (S690)