Click here for more information.
These classes are not hosted by John Neal Books.
Introduction to Romans with Reggie Ezell
April 17 & 18 - $50 USD
Supply list for “Introduction to Romans” with Reggie Ezell
- Double ended wooden pen handle (H32) (H39)
- Writing fluids:
- a transparent red ink or watercolor (alizarin crimson works well) (WNWC1) (WNWC3)
- black or dark color ink, gouache, or watercolor. For ink, I highly recommend Moon Palace Sumi. Payne’s Gray in watercolor or gouache is excellent! (I70) (WNWC1) (WNG1) (WNG2)
- I only recommend Winsor Newton watercolors and gouaches.
- Broad edge nibs: (If you are using a slant board you won’t need a reservoir.)
- either- Mitchell: #1 ½ (N04) (N07)
- You must provide a reservoir for Mitchells if you are working flat*.
All of the nibs below already have their own reservoir.
- or- Speedball: C-2 (N09)
- or- Brause or Tape: 3mm (N02) (N01)
- or- Parallel Pen: 3mm (FP67)
Pointed nibs: anything used for copperplate, etc.
Recommended - Brause EF66 or Zebra G (N70) (N118)
- Calligraphy grid pad any size 11 x 17 : 8 squares to the inch (P21)
- In the handouts you will be sent, there are pre-line sheets of guidelines that you will print onto good paper. Examples: Arches watercolor hot press 90 pound, Strathmore 400 Drawing, Triomphe, Rhodia, or your choice. They are good surfaces for writing and will run through a printer easily. (PA42) (P100) (P53)
- Winsor Newton Gum Arabic liquid (I84)
- Paper towels (S817)
- six part mixing pan (S679)
- dropper, water, water jar (S1017) (S1005)
- Pencil, eraser, and ruler (PL38) (E06) (S798)
- Pouch of gum sandarac (S123)
- Hand guard ( Color paper 8 1/2 x 11)