Schin Loong: Calligraphic Animal Drawing
Please add item IAM2022 (below) to your cart to remove your shipping charges for your IAMPETH preorder.
Your order will be there to be picked up at the conference. The pre-order deadline is June 28, 2022.
- Any flexible pointed nibs you’re comfortable with, in a variety of sizes if possible (Schin uses Leonardt Principal (N120) and Brause Rose (N69), but beginners might want Zebra G (N118) or Nikko G (N113) to start with)
- Black sumi ink (I70) (I126) (I43) (diluted with about 30% water in the inkwell) [NOTE: We’ll use a LOT of ink, so please make sure your inkwell holds a good amount of ink (tea light candle holders work great!)]
- Water container (S1005)
- Paper towels
- Whatever other things you need for pointed pen stuff
- Any good quality paper you like for practice and drills (Schin likes Rhodia and HP laser copy paper). (P53) (P104) (P25) [NOTE: We’ll use a LOT of paper!]
- Fancy stuff like cardstock, blank envelopes or smooth watercolor paper if you want to work on a final project (PA87) (PA26)
- Red or blue colored pencil (PL28) (PL05)
- Eraser (E13) (E06) (E09)
- Pictures of animals or pets you want to work on as a final project
- An open mind! :)
Optional Supply List
- Brush pens (M97) (FP57) (M153), or broad pen nibs (N02) (N09) and colored ink (I153) (I37) (I157) if you want to do some lettering inside your flourished animal.
- Calligraphic Drawing (B4283) book if you have it since there is more info and samples in the book that might inspire you in class
- Lightbox, if you have room! (S1013) (S939)