Fundamentals of Calligraphy - June 25-30
Illumination: The Gift of Beauty - September 24-29
Illumination: Designing A Christmas Card - October 22-27
St. Edmund Retreat Center, Enders Island, Mystic, CT
Valerie's Standard list of Supplies:
- BR28 Kolinsky sable, watercolor, round. Size 0
- BR38 Winsor Newton Artists' Water Colour Sable brush. Kolinsky sable, watercolor, round. Size 0 or Size 1
- BR 37 Silverwhite Bright 1502. Short Handle. White Synthetic.
- S679 6 well Round Palette. This palette is made of hard white plastic. Contains six wells for mixing paint and gouache. Easily cleaned out and reusable.
- N72 Gillott 303
- N102 Gillott 1950
- N98 Hunt EF 513 (Inking In Lines).
- N02-S9 Brause Set of 9 Nibs
- N02 Brause Calligraphy Nibs. Sizes in millimeters (0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0)
Double Ended Stylus
- I70 Moon Palace Sumi Ink. 6oz
- I24 Yasutomo, 2oz or 6oz
- S478 Ball Burnisher / Embossing Tool.
- M17 Pigma Micron Marker size 01
- I56 Winsor/Newton GOLD Drawing Ink. 1oz glass bottle.
- I38Dr. Martins Bleedproof White.
- I118 Ganasi White from Boku Undo.
- PS42 Arches WC HP 90 LB 22x30.
- PS99 Strathmore Vellum Bristol 2 ply 22 x 30.
- S705 Plastic Eyedroppers. Pkt of 5.
- S140 Plastic Dropper Bottle: 30ml (1oz)
- S194 Agate Dogtooth Burnisher
- S142 Design Drawing Pencils. "6H" is hardest lead. "5B" is softest lead, Specify 6H, 5H, 4H, 3H, 2H, HB, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B. An HB is used in this workshop.
Winsor Newton Gouache
- S892 Instacoll Yellow, 100ml.
- WNG660 Ultramarine. (Blue Deep)
- WNG564 Red Ochre
- WNG623Spectrum Red
- WNG046 Brilliant Green
- WNG482 Permanent Green Deep
- WNG512 Permanent White
S142. Design Drawing Pencils
Design Drawing Pencils
Design 3800. Prismacolor Turquoise.
"6H" is hardest lead. "9B" is softest lead, Specify 6H, 5H, 4H, 3H, 2H, HB, H, F, B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B.
S892. Instacoll Gold Size
S892. Instacoll (was item S479) Yellow color.
1oz. or 3oz. wide-mouth jars
2oz. Nalgene dropper bottle
Bulk 1-liter bottle
Reggie Ezell, Harvest Crittenden, and Sheila Waters use this synthetic size for raised, mirror-finish gilding with gold leaf. They and many others have found it easier to use than traditional gesso made from slaked plaster. Yellow color allows you to see what you have applied.
Caution: Freezing adversely affects Instacoll. Those in the North or west of the Rockies should order during the warmer months.
Click here for printed instructions on how to use this product.
Click here for Harvest Crittenden's video instructions on gilding with instacoll and a complete list of supplies in the video.
© John Neal Bookseller · 1833 Spring Garden Street, First Floor · Greensboro · NC 27403 · USA