To register, click here.
John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
November 30, 2021 – Grisaille 2-4 EST
This class on gold will combine gold and watercolor in a technique called Grisaille. This painting technique creates delicate shading on gold by tapping in watercolor. The technique can be used on shell gold, Finetec and gold gouache. It gives depth to the gold thru subtle shading creating a three-dimensional effect. Using the gold medium of your choice, we will paint a border that can be used on a short poem. The class will also cover how to mix powder gold to flow in a pen nib and be used to paint with. Powder gold is an easy way to add sparkle to a piece.
The recordings will be available for 3 weeks. Hope to see you soon. Each class is $30.00. If you have any question, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (PA42) Hot press watercolor paper
- (PA26) Strathmore Watercolor Paper (Ready Cut)
- (E13) eraser
- (M17) Pigma Micron Black
- (BR26) W&N Sceptre Gold 101 Brush
- (WNWC4) W&N Watercolor Series 4 – favorite shade of brown
- (S1005) Clic & Go Foldable Water Pot
- (S741) Coliro (Finetec) Artist Color Gold Set
- (SG893-F) Schmincke Gold Pan Watercolor-Full
- (HG641) Holbein Pearl Gold Gouache
- (SA-GOU) Gold Gouache Sampler
- (I139) Pearl Ex Pigments – gold shade
or 23k Gold powder
- Clear, washable glue
- (S856) Small container to mix in
- (S897-2) Water drop bottle
- (S1040) Stirrer
- (S478) Burnisher if using gold powder
- (S738) Shell Gold Tablet
- (S194) Agate Dog Tooth Burnisher – only for shell gold
Use of the golds below for the border:
If you want to mix a gold
If you prefer: