Two day Workshop with YUKIMI ANNAND
TEXT & TEXTURE – EXPERIMENTAL CALLIGRAPHY WORKSHOP
COST: 175.00 for the two days
DATE: OCTOBER 14 & 15, 2017
(Sat & Sun) 10-5 @ day
LOCATION: SAM FLAX, 1745 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta GA 30309 (404/352-7200)
Skill Level:ALL SKILL LEVEL......Some calligraphy and/or lettering experience is helpful.
CONTACT: Mamie G. Velez, FOTA Workshop Chair 678-943-9970 (text is best) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Text and Texture Material List
- Pencil #2 (HB) (S142)
- Sumi ink (Fueki bokuju green bottle recommended) (I139, I70)
- Pipettes, dishes for ink and paint, mixing brush, water container (S141, S870, BR43)
- Rag or paper towel, newspaper or tarp for table, apron (S817)
- 11" x 17" Strathmore Charcoal Paper or Drawing Paper, 300 series about 30 sheets for exercises (If you wish to do exercises on good paper, cut them in similar size.) (P71, P51)
- One full sheet (40"x25.5". 120gsm) of Arches text wove or Arches MBM paper (PS01, PS104)
- 1 to 2 full sheets of Canson, Fabriano or Hahnemühle black Ingres paper (PS22-BLK)
- 1 sheet of Marble Gray or earth color ingres paper (optional) (PS05)
- Craft or balsa sticks (Yukimi will bring them)
- Automatic pen #4 or #5 (N27)
- Your favorite calligraphy chisel nibs and holders ()
- Pencil HB and 2B (woodless graphite pencil, optional) (S142)
- Any kind of felt tip marker, white china marker (S916)
- Pipettes or squeeze bottles (1/2 ounce squeeze bottles with stainless steel tips by Jacquard or FINLINE applicator standard tip recommended) (S141, S820)
- Tools from nature: twigs, pine needles, seeds pods, sticks, etc
Folded Pen and Found Objects
- Any kind of folded pen you already have (New Horizon folded nib recommended) (N30, N155)
- Tools from nature and found objects: seashells, stones, creepers, straw, pipe cleaner, etc.
Adding colors and making background
- A middle size (size 5 to 7) pointed brush and/or Pentel Color Brush()
Assembling Your Work
- Watercolor, acrylic ink (any brand) and/or Golden fluid acrylic paint: two or three your favorite colors or colors related to your text (Click HERE for our Inks)
- 6 well plastic palette (S679)
- 2" inexpensive soft flat brush (BR53)
Shared medium and supply for all attendees
- Pointed needle tool or tapered awl(S255)
- Binder clips, glue stick, double stick tape, masking tape, bone folder (S391, S308)
- Metal ruler about "18, large triangle about "12, cutter knife and cutting board (S270, S271, S417, S504)
- Japanese calligraphy paper, white and black fluid acrylic paint, acrylic ink, matte medium and glue
Your chosen text:
Yukimi will bring extra materials and tools above and happy to share them.
*Please do not spend fortune to buy new materials and tools that you are not sure to be useful.
S270. Metal Ruler:12in
S270. Stainless Steel Ruler 12"
Flexible, cork back.
S271. Metal Ruler: 18in
S271. Stainless Steel Ruler. 18".
18" Flexible, cork back. Marked in 1/16" and millimeters. An essential tool for calligraphers and bookbinders.
S417. Excel Deluxe Knife (NonSlip)
Excel Deluxe Knife
It's time to upgrade. This American-made knife has a soft handle, a no-roll feature, much sharper blades, and best of all it's PURPLE (or Black, Blue, Grey, Red). It's no more expensive than X-Acto's basic knife!!! Safety Cap, #11 Blade.
S504. Self Healing Cutting Mat
Use this cutting mat to protect your table or desk when cutting paper or board. Unlike a piece of paper board (or your table) the cuts from your craft knife will heal and disappear!