John Neal Bookseller
- Bookbinding / Book Arts
- More Books
- Sale Books
- Books with Free US Shipping
- Nibs & Holders
- Fountain Pens & Markers
- Pencils & Erasers
- Ruling & Folded Pens
- Writing Surfaces
Ink & Paint
- Ink & Ink Sticks
- Gouache & Watercolor
- Other Ink & Paint
- Calligraphy Tools
- Gifts & Kits
- New & Sale Items
Classes | Events | Guilds
- (NEW) The Gentle Penman - Online Classes - Ongoing
- Acorn Arts - Multiple Classes - Private Lessons - Ongoing Dates
- Sunita Auger - Multiple Classes - Ongoing Dates
- Pat Blair - Multiple Classes and Dates
- Riva Brown - Basics of Hebrew Calligraphy - Nov 2-Dec. 21
- Shinah Chang (@CrookedCalligraphy) - Online Classes - Multiple Dates
- Castle In The Air - Calligraphy Classes
- Barbara Close - Multiple Classes - Ongoing
- Connie Chen - Connie Chen Academy Classes | Ongoing
- Leah Chong - Ultimate Calligraphy Course | Ongoing
KariAnn Daughtry I Multiple Classes - Ongoing dates
- Monica Dengo - The Artist Book As A Bridge Between Drawing and Writing - Dec-Jan
Carol DuBosch - Multiple Classes
- Carol DuBosch I Ben Shahn - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch I Bone Script - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch I Uncial Uprise - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch I Jubilee Script - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch I Monoline Italic - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch I Hand Embossing - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch I NEULAND - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch I Folded Pen Adventures - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch - Stamp Carving - Ongoing
- Carol DuBosch - Gothicized Italic - Ongoing
- Cheryl Dyer - Multiple Classes - Ongoing Dates
- Anne Elser - Bookbinding & Calligraphy Classes
- Reggie Ezell - Online Classes - Multiple Dates
- Janet Faught - Pointed Pen - Ongoing Dates
- Christopher Haanes - Multiple Classes
- Randall M Hasson - Writing with a Bent Nib
- Elinor Holland- Online Classes
- Laura Hooper - Learn at Home Calligraphy Classes | Ongoing
- Marie Hornback - Multiple Classes - Multiple Dates
- Hoopla Letters - Online Classes | Ongoing
- Joy and Ash Calligraphy - Multiple Classes and Dates
Kalli Camp Academy | Ongoing
- Regenia Paige (@regeniapaigecalligraphy) - Center Formatting Your Calligraphy Project - Ongoing
- Carrie Ellis (@carrieelliscalligraphy) - Lettering Unusual Place Cards - Ongoing
- Jane Matsumoto (@GinkgoArts) - Broad Edge Neuland - Ongoing
- Ezra Feller (@ezra_ben_mordecai) - Bonus Class: Intro to Hebrew Calligraphy - Ongoing
- Malka Klein (@malkaklein) - Intro to Broad Edge Flourishing - Ongoing
- Allison McClanahan (@wildwoodcalligraphyandpost) - Addressing Envelopes - Ongoing
- Aspacia Kusulas - Online Classes - Multiple Dates
- Catherine Langsdorf - Multiple Dates
- LearnCalligraphy.com - Multiple Instructors - Ongoing Online Classes | Multiple Dates
- Troy Leinster - Principles of Typeface Design
- Grendl Löfkvist - Type West at Letterform Archive
- Logos Calligraphy - Online Courses | Ongoing
- Loveleigh Loops - Brush Lettering Bootcamp | Ongoing
- Jen Maton - Dip Pen Calligraphy
- Heather McKelvey - Beginner Calligraphy | Ongoing
- Modern Calligraphy Summit | Ongoing
- Vivian Mungall - Online Classes
Brody Neuenschwander - Online Classes
- Finding Inspiration in Non-Latin Scripts, Part 2 - April 5, 12, 19
- The Expressive Line, Part 1 - May 3, 10, 17
- The Expressive Line, Part 2 - June 7, 14, 21
- The Wrong Letters - Part 1 - September 6, 13, 20
- The Wrong Letters - Part 2 - October 4, 11, 18
- The Wrong Letters - Part 3 - November 8, 15, 22
- The Wrong Letters - Part 4 - December 6, 13, 20
- Paperfinger | Ongoing
- Sally Penley - Multiple Classes I Multiple Dates
- Massimo Polello - Online Classes - Multiple Dates
- Taylor Powers - Brush Lettering for Beginners | Ongoing
- Debby Reelitz: Broad Edge / Layout Multiple Dates
- Karen Nordstrom Roberts - Online Classes - Ongoing Dates
- Heather Rohnert - Intro to Copperplate - Sept through Nov
- Carl Rohrs - Calligraphy > Type > Calligraphy: Presented by BVGC - Nov 2, 4, 6
- Ina Saltz I Learning Calligraphy - Ongoing Dates
- Carol Measures Scott - Dip Pens, Italic, & Private Instruction I Ongoing
- Jayant Silva I Learn Sanskrit Calligraphy - Multiple Dates
- Marina Soria - Online Classes - Multiple Dates
- Elmo van Slingerland - Drawn to Letters - Sept 11 till Oct 9
- John Stevens - Multiple Classes - Ongoing Dates
- Jane Sullivan - Online Calligraphy, Illuminated letters and Art classes I Ongoing Dates
- Cheryl Tefft - Online Classes and Private Tutoring
- Swati Thakur - Various Classes
- Nicki Traikos - Online Calligraphy & Lettering Classes | Multiple Dates
- Elizabeth White-Pultz - Online Calligraphy & Drawing Classes | Multiple Dates
- Sandra Wright - Ongoing Classes
- Alice Young - Strong Lines (Skillshare) | Ongoing
- Online Classes
- Letter Arts Review
- Bound & Lettered
- LAR Call for Entries - 2021
Click on one of the topics below for more details.
We will email your tracking number when we ship your order.
USA shipping charges are based on the overall total cost of the items ordered.
Add $7.25 for orders to $45
$45.01-$55 add $7.50
$55.01-$75 add $8.75
$75.01-$100 add $9.75
$100.01-$125 add $10.75
$125.01-$150 add $11.50
$150.01-$200 add $12.50
$200.01-$250 add $13.50
Over $250.00 add $14.50
Delivery Time depends on your location and how your order is shipped. If you need your order by a certain date, let us know. We can then contact you if there will be any problem with delivery.
Most orders are shipped via First Class Mail or Priority Mail. Delivery time is generally 2-3 days but is not guaranteed. (Book-only orders may ship USPS Medial Mail and may take longer.) Larger orders will likely ship UPS Ground: eastern USA is 1-3 business days; western USA is 3-5 business days.
Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico: Almost all orders are shipped via USPS First Class mail or Priority Mail (books are sent Media Mail). If shipping charges are greater than the chart above, we will contact you before we send the order.
Back to top
In most cases, large sheets of paper must be shipped separately from other items. For this reason, there is a separate Paper Shipping Charge of $12.00 for shipments to the USA-48. This is a flat rate, regardless of the number of sheets you order. Paper shipping charges to HI, AK, and PR may be higher.
The shipping costs displayed during checkout DO NOT INCLUDE the extra costs for paper shipping. You will need to add item code PS00 (Paper Shipping Charge) to your cart before checkout.
International Paper Shipping Charges will be determined when you place your order. Paper shipped to locations outside the USA will be sent via Airmail.
Back to top
The shipping charges shown during checkout are for USA ADDRESSES ONLY. Our international shipping charges are based on the weight of the package and the cost of shipping to the destination country.
Please place your order online using a credit card, and we will email your shipping options within 2-4 days. (Your credit card is not immediately charged when you submit your order.) You may also e-mail your order to email@example.com and request the cost of shipping.
We recommend you purchase insurance. If you decline to purchase insurance and the package is lost or damaged, we will NOT be responsible for replacing your items or refunding for goods or shipping costs.
Airmail generally takes 2-3 weeks, depending on destination. Delivery is fastest to Canada and the UK.
Back to top
If your delivery time is critical and you did not indicate this in the "Special Instructions" field when you placed your order, please contact us as soon as possible by phone 336-272-6139 or 800-369-9598, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expedited shipping methods are available for an additional cost. Even though we are a small company, it is fairly easy for us to meet your expectations/requirements if you let us know.
Back to top
If you are not happy with any item purchased from us, package it well and return it within 30 days of receipt for a prompt refund, exchange, charge card credit, or JNB credit. You do not need prior approval to return books or unused/unopened supplies, but you are encouraged to email before making a return. Enclose a copy of our invoice or the invoice number with your return and let us know if you want a store credit or a refund. Pack your returns in a stiff cardboard box with plenty of cushioning. We are not responsible for damage that occurs in return transit. We will process your return promptly. We do NOT give you credit for shipping unless the item was sent mistakenly.
Defective books may be returned within 3 months of delivery for a refund without penalty, but please email first. Used pens, opened bottles of ink, etc. cannot be returned unless defective. If the item(s) didn't work, please contact us so we can make it right by replacing or refunding. If you would like to return items after 30 days of receipt, email us. Most items are subject to a 25% restocking fee, and not all products are returnable after 30 days.
Back to top
Please notify us immediately so we can send a replacement. We will let you know if you need to keep the packaging. It is always helpful to have photos of the package and damage.
Back to top
PRICES are subject to change without notice. We will notify before shipping if the increase is substantial.