Barbara Close - Pointed Pen Possibilities | Ongoing
Click HERE to learn more and to sign up for the class. John Neal Books is not hosting this class.Pointed Pen Possibilities is a series of online video classes by internationally renowned calligrapher …Read More
Click HERE to learn more and to sign up for the class. John Neal Books is not hosting this class.
Pointed Pen Possibilities is a series of online video classes by internationally renowned calligrapher Barbara Close hosted by Sandia Workshops.
Class 1 - Copperplate Essentials - is an introductory class for beginners to pointed pen calligraphy. You will learn the elegant, formal Copperplate script with Barbara's easy-to-follow method of teaching the basic strokes that form the building blocks for the entire alphabet. Copperplate calligraphy is perfect for creating graceful invitations, addressing envelopes, name cards, poetry and quotations.
Class 2 - Contemporary Variations - will take your pointed pen script beyond the formal whether you're a new or seasoned calligrapher. You'll learn a variety of alternate characters for every letter of the alphabet, explore myriad options for capitals, then combine these variations with traditional forms as you practice words from ornate to funky. Barbara also shares valuable tips and techniques for improving your layout and design in an extensive gallery section.
- Dual Use Workshop Holder (Oblique + Straight) (H129)
- As well as many others to choose from to suit your budget, eye, and pen hold, including the straight wood calligraphy penholder (H62)
- Canson Pro-Layout Marker Pad, 9x12 (P32)
- Moon Palace Sumi ink (I70)
- Higgins Eternal Ink (I08) - optional
- Gouache - optional Note: The red Barbara uses in Class 2 is Schmincke Calligraphy Gouache (SG27), color "Madder Red".
- White ink: Dr. Martin's Bleed Proof White (I38) - optional
- Metallics: Coliro (Finetec) gold (S741); Schmincke gouache (SG27)
- Nikko G (N113)
- Hunt 56 (N86) - optional
- Hunt 22 Extra Fine (N93) - optional
- Winsor & Newton Gum Arabic (I84) - see Preparing Your Nib lesson
- Pencil (PL38)
- Ruler (S270)
- Eraser (white vinyl) (E13)
Shop Supplies for this Class: