Learn the most versatile lettering technique with the most simple of tools: the pencil. In this hands-on lettering class, participants will learn the pressure release graphite technique they can apply to a variety of lettering styles and drawing. We will start by testing different types of graphite. We will then continue through several exercises and end up with a small portfolio book of techniques you can refer to for your next project. Whether you draw, letter, or just love pencils, this class will get you started and keep you inspired. No experience necessary. When you sign up, you will receive:
• Supply List - It's likely you have everything you need on hand. Note: If you found this listing via John Neal Books, I have a list of the supplies there. And they now carry Capitol Bond paper. I will be using Blackwing products to write with.
• Paper supplies to make the exemplar book via mail including: 25% cotton paper with light cockle finish and the book components cut to size. This is why I am asking for your mailing address. :) I will ship out supplies on July 8 and weekly thereafter. You may want to purchase additional Capitol Bond paper. Currently featured in the July issue of "Bound & Lettered magazine", Heather and Carol sought out and tested a replacement for Gilbert Bond paper. Capitol Bond is an excellent surface for calligraphy, whether you are writing with graphite or ink.
• A small zine featuring examples of lettering and styles written with Blackwing pencils. Also will be mailed.
• A PDF download of an exemplar drawn using a Blackwing Matte pencil.
• A PDF download of guidelines to help you with the layout of the book.
• An accompanying video about pencil sharpeners and erasers.
• Instant access to the online course: How to Write like an Architect for reference. Following the session, you will receive 90-day access to the recording.
NOTE: If you already subscribe to "Make It Your Lettering Year" you will have access to the archived recording and resources but will not have access to the live session, mailed supplies and goodies. You are welcome to join the class for a discounted rate check your inbox for the code.