N113-10PK. Nikko G Nib. Pack of 10
These nibs from Japan are hand cut, extremely smooth, and long-lasting. They are chrome plated and have a medium flex. Great for Spencerian. Smooth writing with no burrs or scratchiness. Highly recommended by Michael Sull.
- Great nib for pointed pen scripts
- Excellent for beginners
- In JNB Pointed Nib Sampler (N154)
- Made in Japan
- Chrome steel
- Stamped on nib: G / NIKKOPEN / Nikko / Made in Japan
- Recommended by Michael Sull for Spencerian
- Recomended by Eleanor Winters as a first nib for Copperplate
- Does well on less smooth surfaces, but thick/thin contrast is limited.
For Shinah of Crooked Calligraphy, the Nikko G is her "FAVORITE overall, general-use nib." The nib is "sturdy" and "won't break or warp under high pressure," and its tip "is not too sharp, so it won't catch on the paper too much." Shinah discusses in more detail her five favorite nibs (Nikko G, Brause Steno, Brause 66EF, Leonard Hiro 41, and Hunt 101) here: https://www.crookedcalligraphy.com/blog/choosing-calligraphy-nibs. She teaches a very popular, 8-week, live-taught online class, Modern Calligraphy 101.
I just feel so happy every time I order any product, but this was a great purchase. Thanks!
Really enjoying these pen nibs. Perfect for ink drawings and script.